Sunday, July 16, 2006

Four words - Thank goodness it's over!

During the run of a show those four words usually don't enter my vocabulary until closing on the 3rd weekend. This show ran one weekend, just 4 little days. Still, I cannot tell you how happy I am that the show is over. From a testy costumer, the set falling down during final dress to dealing with an ungiving actress each night, the show was very trying. Theatre is supposed to be fun and this show was anything but fun.

There were a few positive things. Mallorie and I worked on the show together. She ran lights and did a great job, especially with the "fireworks". Our stage manager, Sarah, and our artistic designer, Deborah, were wonderful to work with. Also, the KLT community really rallied around Randy, our director.

Still, I'm so glad that it's over. I'm looking forward to some down time.

No comments: