Monday, July 24, 2006

ESC

I finally went down to the Employment Security Commission to sign up for unemployment. I, apparently, dressed all wrong. I was wearing a long skirt and a sleeveless shirt. Based on the fashion in the room, dirty jeans and a t-shirt would have sufficed. Guess I'll know what to wear next time.

I felt very uncomfortable being there today. I felt as though everyone was looking at me and wondering just why I was there. I certainly wasn't dressed like I'd lost my job, and I certainly looked able-bodied enough to hold a job. When it was my turn, I gave the lady my name and told her I had been displaced from US Airways. "Huh?" I tried again. "You mean you were layed off, right?" Yeah, I was embarrassed to be there. But, since my employer pays for these benefits, why shouldn't I utilize them?

Anyway, I'm all signed up. I just need to start pounding the pavement. Problem is, I still don't really know what I WANT to do. I just need to suppress that feeling, and just go with what I NEED to do to meet my financial obligations.

After all, that's why it's called WORK and not FUN....

No comments: