Thursday, March 12, 2015

Surgery, Slow Recovery

I've been tracking my blood pressure ever since last Friday and it has been low for me. I'm experiencing dizziness and blurred vision, which may be from low blood pressure. It can also be from the gabapentin. According to Marcia (one of my post surgery nurses), narcotics (Oxycodone) can also cause low blood pressure. But I was taking the gabapentin and oxycodone before surgery and my blood pressure was normal during my pre-op. I haven't been taking the oxycodone much this week, mostly at night so it won't hurt as much when I turn over.

I've read 3 books, knitted 4 hats, played tons of games of Trivia Crack and am on Season 2 of House of Cards. I'm trying to stay up, either sitting in a chair or walking my house, but I do get tired easy. I also can't twist, bend over or lift anything over 10 lbs. (Fun fact, a gallon of milk is 10 lbs.) Also, I'm just not feeling "right." Yes, the pain in my leg is gone (whoo! hoo!) but I still feel off somehow. This and my low blood pressure are on my list to discuss with Dr. Hnilica during my post-op. It's currently scheduled for 10:30 on 3/20.

While still a little angry looking, my scar is healing. I'm able to view the picture without passing out!


No comments: