Friday, March 20, 2015

More Post Surgery Update

From: Cheryl Ann [mailto:cinberry@aol.com]
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2015 1:21 PM
To: Gamble, Gloria
Cc: Boles, Larry; Fitzgerald, Catherine
Subject: CAK Update

I had my post op visit today. The incision is healing very well. My blood pressure is fine. The pain meds (and the diclofenac and gabapentin) were what was causing it to dip a bit. It's in a normal range now so nothing to worry about. 

I asked about the fatigue and that too is normal for recovering from surgery. 

I did ask if I could go off the gabapentin. I don't like taking it because it blurs my vision. We did make a plan to ween myself off it. 

I have been cleared to return to work on Monday, part time hours for 2 weeks. I was surprised by that. I did get a little lecture - while the incision is healing well, the muscles need time to mend too. 

No comments: