Friday, October 26, 2012

An Email From Cade's Teacher

Sent: Fri, Oct 26, 2012 12:45 pm
Subject: good news
Just wanted to share something good...

There is a boy in the class that is probably not Cade's first choice of friend. This boy has had a difficult time making friends. However, he thinks the world of Cade. Today, I saw Cade spend some recess time playing ball with him. Then, when making our presidential posters, the boy asked Cade if he could join their group. Although they were almost finished, Cade made him feel like he was definitely part of the group!

I did pull Cade aside and let him know that I appreciated how he responded to the other boy. I also told him that just these few minutes have meant so much to this other student.

It is moments like this that just warm my heart!

Susan

I cried reading this email, and then immediately printed it and put it up on the fridge. We've talked to Cade at great length about being a friend instead of a bully. Perhaps he's finally learning.

No comments: