Friday, March 02, 2012

First Rehearsal

Tonight was our first night of rehearsals for "The Vagina Monologues." It was mainly a read through. We skipped the opening number, since I haven't assigned parts as of yet. We also skipped the Say, Wear piece. There are two other pieces Sisters and Over It that I can't quite figure out what to do with. As I knew Peg wouldn't make it tonight and with Kofi dropping out, I just told the cast I'd assign those parts when our cast was firmed and together.

The good news is that we do have a woman of color for the Coochi Snorcher piece. Devon and I mentioned to Portia that we needed some African American representation. She made a phone call and Monica showed up. I'm so glad to have her. With the help of the SDJ Foundation, she's a survivor of domestic abuse. She spoke about her experience, which really helped us focus on why we are doing the show.

Portia asked us to don Foundation shirts and pose for a publicity shot for their website. These are my V ladies!

No comments: