Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Night At The Movies, "The Hunger Games"

Chad and I were very excited to plunk down $11.50 at The Grand tonight so we could see The Hunger Games in IMAX.

I enjoyed reading the book, but I do think the movie was even better. Jennifer Lawrence portrayed Katniss and she was fabulous.

I don't think I've ever seen Josh Hutcherson before. He was okay as Peeta. Liam Hemsworth was also okay as Gail.

Elizabeth Banks was a very colorful Effie. I was very impressed with Woody Harrelson's protrayal of Haymitch.

I loved Stanley Tucci as Caesar Flickerman was wonderful. He is such a talented and versatile actor. I also enjoyed seeing Lenny Kravitz as Katniss' costumer, Cinna.

The movie followed the book as closely as it could. I'm already looking forward to the next installment!

No comments: