Thursday, April 28, 2011

Today was the first day of The Shepherd Center's annual used book sale. I've been attending for the past 4 years. Last year I went on the final day of the sale and I didn't bring home much. This year I was determined to go early for the best pick. I ended up getting out of work earlier than expected so I was at the Education Building by 2:30p. Since the sale opened 5 hours earlier, I felt I'd have a good selection.

So that I didn't blow my entire paycheck, I set a $20 limit. I also wore my heels, which after a full 8 hour day, was beginning to hurt my feet. Pain has a tendency to focus, so I headed straight for the Drama and Fiction tables.

An hour and $14 later, I hobbled out, laden with books:
1.) The Collected Plays of Neil Simon, Volume II
2.) Atonement3.) Eat Pray Love
4.) Something Borrowed5.) Something Blue6.) I Heard That Song Before
7.) The Memory Keeper's Daughter
8.) Love Walked In9.) Running With Scissors
10.) Who Moved My Cheese

No comments: