Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Rehearsal, Daughters Of The Lone Star State

Rehearsal was again at the scene shop. I was prepared tonight, wearing my Pepsi sweatshirt and polar fleece jacket. Even still my toes were cold!

We have a new Clara Bell. Mimi felt it wasn't fair to us that she can't make rehearsals since she's in Rent, so she dropped out of the show earlier this week. Angela Hodges will replace Mimi. (I saw her in the Collaborative's Summer Showcase. I'm looking forward to working with her.)

Tonight we learned that Lysandra is moving to Asheville, and so she's dropping out! Becki West, who I worked with during WSTA's staged reading of Betty's Summer Vacation, will now play Ima Jean Gomez.

So, here's the current cast list:
Mildred Keifner - Karen Robertson
Liddy Bell Cartwright - Danya Bray
Clara Bell Ivey - Mimi Cunningham Angela Hodges
Darlene Parsons - Clara Yarbro
Lola Faye Barnes - Reba Birdsall
Lois Wheelis - Maggie Gallagher Betsey Pugh Charlene Watkins
Cookie Hawkins - Carol Roan
Ima Jean Gomez - Lysandra Sykes Becki West
Vergie Hopkins - Ally McCauley Cheryl Ann Roberts
Sharon Johnson - Natasha Gore
Doll Johnson - Kiki Fisher Lauranita
We were off book for the first time, and I did much better than I thought I would. I did call for lines a few times, but at least I knew it was my line!

Carol has graciously offered her apartment as rehearsal space. While I don't think it will be much bigger, at least it will be warmer!

No comments: