Saturday, October 10, 2009

A Mega Audition and a Rehearsal

There's only one other show in the remainder of Winston-Salem Theatre Alliance's season that I'm interested in doing. And I'm not just interested, I am dying to do one particular role.

As soon as I read Del Shore's The Trials and Tribulations of a Trailer Trash Housewife Willadean went on my "Roles I'm Dying To Do" list. I immediately gave the script to Mikey, who added JD to his list. Since Mikey would be touring during the scheduled auditions, he and I read together for the roles after striking for Sordid Lives. I must say, he was frightening as JD.

I attended this morning's Part 2 Mega Auditions. Sordid Lives castmate April was there for the role of Rayleen, as was a KLT friend, Beth. Another KLT actress, Linda, also read for Willadean. There were two men auditioning for JD; Mike who worked backstage for The Great American Trailer Park Musical and Don, my hilarious castmate in Moonlight and Magnolias. Don was also frightening.

Overall I was very pleased with my readings. We won't find out who got cast until Wednesday. Thank goodness I've got The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later to occupy my mind.

And speaking of The Laramie Project: 10 Years Later, we had a very good rehearsal tonight. There were still some changes to the script, but they were minor. We are all definitely ready to move into the theatre tomorrow night. We need to determine if the work lights will allow ample light to read.

If you haven't reserved your ticket(s) for the reading, you need to go to Paper Lantern Theatre Company and do so NOW. Really, you don't want to miss this very important production.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Mikey made a pretty frightening Brother Revels, too, so I'm assuming JD is not a nice fellow. Will he be done with touring when this show comes along? I saw on the TA web site that you guys were both cast. Congrats!