Sunday, April 06, 2014

50th Birthday Cake

I wanted to do something really special for Allan's 50 birthday cake. We both love watching "Cake Boss" so I originally thought about ordering a cake in the shape of his beloved Mustang. Unfortunately it was somewhat cost prohibitive. (And orders like that need to be made waaaayyy in advance!)

I took the picture to Christine's Bakery and she and I discussed some alternatives.

So that I would not have to pay for delivery and since the party wasn't too far away, I decided to pick it up. I enlisted Chad's help. When I saw the cake, I was very happy! Christine did a great job of incorporating the Mustang's logo. I knew Allan would love it.

Now, the cake is bigger (and heavier) than it looks! I made Chad drive while I held the cake. (I didn't want to get mad at him if something happened to the cake!) It was a tedious ride, but we got the cake there safe and sound.

I gave the signal to the band to begin playing "Happy Birthday" and I rolled out the cake. Allan was stunned, which was exactly what I was going for!

The gray and black icing might not look appetizing, but the cake was absolutely delicious!

No comments: