Saturday, February 18, 2012

Vagina Auditions

Based on the response from the Facebook invite, I knew turnout would be minimal. Only 12 responded they would attend. If everyone showed up, I'd be okay.

Linda was the first to walk in. Followed by Lee Ann. I was very excited because I know both of them and know what they each can do. Devon's friend Devon E. and her friend Sonja were the next to show up. I went ahead and auditioned Linda and Lee Ann. I even asked Linda to read "The Vagina Workshop." This piece requires an English accent and I wanted to see if Linda could pull it off. She was fantastic!

Peg was the next to arrive. I was so glad to see her. I was looking forward to her doing the moaning piece again. When she handed in her audition form, she threw me for a loop. Instead of the moaning piece, she wanted to do "My Angry Vagina." I knew she could rock either one. Devon E. and Peg both did the angry piece.

After releasing Devon E., Sonja and Peg Devon and I brainstormed to see who else we could call to audition. We suggested a few names, waited another 30 minutes and decided to call it a day.

I'm excited that I have 5 good women to cast. I'll need more, but at least I have these talented ladies. We're holding another round of auditions on Monday.

I'm crossing my fingers!

No comments: