Friday, September 24, 2010

Double Rehearsal

My usual pattern is to be in a show while rehearsing another one. So I don't readily recall there being a time when I've rehearsed two shows simultaneously. Tonight, for the first and hopefully the only time, I had to attend rehearsal for both shows.

At 7pm I arrived at the Cissna's for a run through of Act 2. I'm not completely off-book, so I still clutched my script, though I did get through most of 2.2 without looking. My least favorite part of rehearsal is the stumble throughs so I'll be spending the weekend learning and running my lines. We're at that point when nothing much else can be done until scripts are out of our hands. (And I'm one of the few that still needs the crutch!)

A bit before 8pm I departed for my first "Five & Dime" rehearsal at Open Space. We blocked from my entrance to the end of Act 1, which also means that Act 1 is completely blocked. We ran the 20 or so pages and we were released.

1 comment:

The O'Brien Family said...

I noticed you didn't really need your script...and you did much more than just "stumble through"