Saturday, August 07, 2010

Catfish Moon

Unfortunately, I will not be able to do the role of Betty. And I'm really disappointed.

I was so blown away last year when Jay Smith, the director, sent me a FB message asking me to do the role. Even more exciting was the three other guys that received the email: Neil Shepherd, Andrew Lopina and Ken Ashford. Wow! To be asked to share the stage with such powerhouse actors - I was on high for several days. Then Andy had to drop out, and Mikey Wiseman was added. Still a dream cast!

Eventually Ken had to drop out, Mikey moved back to Texas, and my job got in the way of this dream role. (SETC Fall Auditions are being held in Atlanta during opening weekend.) Very. Sad. Day.

I saw Jay the other night and he has assembled a great cast via auditions. Lianne Holmes will be playing Betty and she is very good. The guys in the cast were not familiar to me. Still, I'm definitely planning on seeing the show, after I get back from Atlanta.

1 comment:

Pegalish said...

Sorry you had to drop out of the production, but Lianne will make a fine replacement in the role. I'm hoping I can come see it!