Thursday, July 01, 2010

The Dramatists' Playground

Dramatists' PlaygroundThe Dramatists' Playground is an annual workshop hosted by the Greensboro Playwrights' Forum. Actors, directors and playwrights are challenged to write a play, rehearse it and perform it in less than one day. It provides a fantastic challenge for creativity and stamina for everyone involved.

The workshop will be from 10 am to 8 pm and the performance is at 8 pm in the City Arts Studio Theatre on the first level of the Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 N. Davie Street.

The workshop is free to participants. You must fill out an application to be considered.

I've been seeking acting opportunities that will shake things up for me. Based on the above this sounds like the perfect thing. I mean, it's a little scary writing a play, rehearsing it AND performing it within 10 hours! Talk about challenging. Since I've got nothing to lose, I'm going to submit my application.

No comments: