Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Final Rehearsal

While all of the works were not installed as we had hoped on Monday, they were all in tonight. I didn't anticipate too much of a problem as I felt that our performers were seasoned enough to easily adjust to any changes. As Cheri and gang moved into formation and began the MJ piece, I noticed Chelsea was awfully close to a stalagmite looking work. Alex also got close to a work containing arrows.

Figuring that Stephen would need some reassuring, I spoke with Cheri about moving the line further back and closer to one side. It was during this conversation that Amy decided to completely take over (again!). As if she were God speaking from the Heavens, she yelled down to the cast and directed them to some pretty major blocking changes. I was extremely miffed. As the PM I had things under control! Cheri was even more pissed at the changes Amy was suggesting, and the cast was none too happy either. Fortunately we only wasted 10 minutes in determining that Amy's new vision would not work. Cheri implemented my suggestions and it worked perfectly.

After rehearsal, as we were walking back to our respective cars, Amy told me that she was just trying to calm Stephen. I didn't even respond. Her ridiculous outburst brought the entire project full circle and simply reaffirmed my decision.

No comments: