Sunday, August 09, 2009

Run Thru, Moonlight and Magnolias

I don't think I've been to a more enjoyable read thru.

First, Murdock, a UNCSA grad student and our set designer, brought in his model. He's done an extensive amount of research which reflects in the period set. It will be absolutely phenomenal. (Period blinds have been ordered.)

Next we were introduced to Bill, a UNCSA faculty member in the costume department, who will be designing our costumes. This won't mean much to the guys; they wear the same costume throughout the show. I will be getting 3 costumes and I'm very excited about my period look. I'm gonna look so fab!

Listening to Tony and Don, as Selznick and Fleming, act out Melanie's birthing scene was hysterical! There's some very funny stuff in this script! During the break Chad, Stan and Don told anesthesia stories. Don had the best story, by far. I was laughing so hard, I was crying!

I can't wait for the next rehearsal!

No comments: