Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Rumors and Notes, Sordid Lives

Last night I was standing in the bathroom putting on my Latrelle wig when one of my castmates appeared in the doorway asking if I wanted to hear the latest rumor about me and one of the crew. Apparently everyone was under the impression that we were living together. Everyone? I mean, that's a pretty inclusive pronoun.

So I returned to the dressing room and asked all the ladies if anyone had heard that rumor. As suspected, no one had. I received an explanation from another castmate; she said it was probably borne of jealousy.

I think she was right.

Later during notes, the director was complimenting me on a comedic bit. That same castmate butted in, and tried to give me direction on how to play that comedic bit!

Starting rumors is bad enough, but commenting on and directing someone else's note! I'm still shaking my head over the audacity.

No comments: