Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Rehearsal, Sordid Lives

If there ever was a performance that I phoned in, it was last night's. Thank goodness it was a tech rehearsal. I'm not sure what my problem was, but I was just not feeling Latrelle. At all. I thought getting into costume would help, but it didn't.

After rehearsal as I was walking to my car, Jamie called me back. I thought he was going to talk to me about my blah performance. Actually, he did talk to me about my performance - he gave me a really nice compliment!

Have you ever had a day when your hair is crap but someone comes up and tells you your hair looks great? That's exactly what last night felt like! I didn't feel my performance at all, and yet the director ends up complimenting me.

Life, and rehearsal, are sometimes funny like that.

No comments: