Sunday, August 05, 2007

Ladies and Gentlemen, a comedy

While I have done several shows at the Stained Glass Playhouse, I've never seen one of their musicals. Two things brought me to see A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum: I knew most of the cast and crew, and it's one of the classic comedy musicals on my list of shows to see before I die. Their production, which closed today, was outstanding. Alvin, the cast and crew are to be commended on a wonderful show. Sylvia really outdid herself with the costumes and Brian with his set. Bravo to everyone!!

Mikey Wiseman played Pseudolus, and man, he was awesome! His voice and his energy were amazing. Kenny Mathews was hysterical as Hysterium. (I posted a picture of him as a Pepper from last year's Beauty and the Beast. You'll have to decide if he's better looking in the wedding dress!) Tyler Medinger was so very sweet as the love-struck Hero. David Webster as Senex was delightful, as was Roland Kruger as Erronius.

All the “Ladies of the Evening” were well dressed and very entertaining. I loved Allyson Edwards' Tintinabula costume (which was, I was told, purchased via Ebay!) and Pat Mathew's Viking costume was hilariously revealing.

The show was wonderfully entertaining, and enjoyed a sold-out run. I was also told that Rosemary Harris (Aunt May from the Spiderman movies) attended a performance. This kind of support is exactly what Alvin and Stained Glass needs.

No comments: