Thursday, August 23, 2007

Even More Bug Reviews

A friend sent me the online link to the Winston-Salem Journal's Bug review. Apparently comments were posted from some other audience members...

Posted on 08/22 at 03:46 PM
Why did you waste our time on this show -- badly written - badly executed.
theatregoddess
Honey, I didn't hold a gun to your head and force you to purchase a ticket.

Posted on 08/21 at 08:54 AM
I agree with the write -- the show was horrible, slow, overacte by Agnes, and a total giveaway of plot and outcome by Peter. RC was okay, but too well spoken to be the bumpkin she tried to play, and the "physical violence" was laughable, especially when soo much attention was drawn to it when it was so weak. Get real!
actingman
Dude, the bruises on Kelly's arms from the "physical violence" were real. And tank yew for the compliment.

Posted on 08/20 at 03:24 PM
Unfortunately I must totall disagree with this reviewer. I was sitting only a couple of seats behind him, so I believe we saw the same show. I found the pacing horribly abismal and slow. I felt Ms. Wallace played the character much too strongly to ever have believed that she was abused, frightened, or even the slightest bit drawn into the situation. Her lack of levels and vocal expression as well as limited phsycial characterization were horrible. She never connected emotionally, and over
goodtheatre
Hmmm, "levels" and "vocal expression"? Geez, you sound like an acting teacher. You know what they say - those who can't act, teach. I'm pretty sure I didn't see you at auditions.

No comments: