Friday, March 02, 2007

NYC, Friday Afternoon

Well of course I didn't get much sleep. I was too keyed up to stay asleep. I think I saw some part of every hour.

Neither one of us had any problems checking in and we both breezed through TSA security. Our flight was delayed in departing, but I didn't mind. I just sat back, grabbed the US Airways In-Flight magazine and enjoyed the ride.

Ken had arranged a limo to take us from LaGuardia into the city. I felt a bit like a celebrity! It took a good 45 minutes so I was able to close my eyes for a bit. We arrived at the hotel and dropped off our luggage since our rooms weren't ready.

The weather was cold and a bit drizzly. We hung around in the MoMA (that's the Museum of Modern Art for you non-New Yorkers) gift shop and stopped at one of the millions of Starbuck's. We walked down Broadway to locate some of the theatres and then we walked to 5th Avenue. (I bought some mascara in Saks.)

We headed back to the hotel around 2p and were able to check-in. Each of us took quick naps and after freshening up we headed out for dinner. We ate at this really neat Italian restaurant. (I can't remember the name of the restaurant...it was something Italian.) The food was wonderful and the service excellent.

It was a bit more windy as we walked to the theatre. I didn't mind. I was too excited about seeing my very first Broadway show.

No comments: