Saturday, November 04, 2006

An Outdoor Wedding

I've known Rebecca just shy of 10 years. While both of us went through our fair share of boyfriends, I'm glad that Rebecca never buckled under the "you should be married by now" pressure. She waited until she found the perfect guy. Rebecca and Jeff exchanged wedding vows this afternoon in a beautiful outdoor ceremony at Camp Sertoma located at Historic Vade Mecum Springs in Westfield. The mountain air was crisp, the sun was warm and autumn encircled us.

The musicians began, and Rebecca started across the wrap around porch. When she rounded the corner, I was the first person she saw. We smiled at each other, I gave her a wink and immediately started crying. I'd never seen her look more beautiful. Her dress was simply stunning.

Just like Rebecca, the actual ceremony was sweet and simple. We then stood in line to greet and congratulate the newlyweds, before making our way to Recreation Hall for the reception. Ken and I sat with Reid and Teresa (also newlyweds and a fellow DDD cheerleader) and enjoyed wonderful food and great conversation. Rebecca and Jeff cut the wedding cake and full reception festivities began.

Congratulations Rebecca and Jeff. May you always remember the love that brought you to today. Thank you for allowing me to be a part of it.

No comments: