Sunday, November 19, 2006

NCTC Results

Okay, okay. I won't keep you in suspense. "Grace and Glorie" will not be representing North Carolina in the regional competition in Atlanta next year. Davidson Community Player's "The Spitfire Grill" will represent NC. (And if they can't go, the second place production, Hickory Community Theatre's "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" will.)

Now, Pat and I did not leave the competition empty handed. We won "Outstanding Ensemble". I cannot tell you how appreciative and how very honored I am of the award. I am extremely fortunate to have been cast opposite such a beautiful and talented woman. And while this was a "performance" award, Pat and I extend ensemble to include: Myla (the festival director), April (our production director), Bill (our festival stage manager and production light operator) and Ken (our festival crew and production enthusiast). We could not have represented Kernersville Little Theatre with such a wonderful production without each of them.

As nice as it might have been to have won Best Production and for the chance to continue on to regional competition, I must admit that I am a bit relieved. While every performance with Pat was an absolute treat, I am looking forward to retiring Glorie back to the pages of my script. There are other characters for me to bring to life.

No comments: