Saturday, October 12, 2013

An Evening At The Movies, "Gravity"

I wouldn't normally be interested in seeing a movie about an astronaut getting lost in space. It's just not really my cup of tea. But after seeing all the positive reviews on Facebook about the movie I asked Chad if he wanted to go.

As we normally do, we headed to The Grand so we could see Gravity in IMAX.

Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the movie. Yes, Sandra Bullock gave a really good performance. I liked that George Clooney was her astronaut partner. He was a nice calm even when things were going awry.

And yes, the photography, or rather, the special effects were outstanding.

But I never felt the weight of the isolation or the panic in the realization that you are lost in space. It was a beautiful movie to watch, but I really didn't invest in it emotionally.

No comments: