Monday, September 09, 2013

Paris - Monday

It rained most of the day today, but I didn't really care, because I'M IN PARIS! Here's what we did today:

In the movie Midnight In Paris, Owen Wilson's character spends some time at the open air flea market. I was intrigued so we started out the day at Marche aux Puces de St-Ouen (flea market). Due to the rain we moved through the booths rather quickly. When the rain started to get really heavy, we ducked inside this this little used book shop. We spent an hour browsing all the books. I also bought my first souvenir - a race car book for Cade.

 The rain let up and so we headed to the Galleries de LaFayette. Chris thought I might want to do some shopping. I was hoping to get some lunch at the food court but there was no place to sit so we decided to move on.

The Musee du Louvre was on Chris' must-see list, so we headed there. We both love Egyptian artifacts so we spent the most time viewing the Ancient Egypt collection. Of course, we had to see the Mona Lisa (it really is small!) and Venus de Milo.
It started raining again, and since we had the time, we decided to take in a movie. We went to the UGC Normandie Cinema, which was right on The Avenue des Champs-Élysées. What did we see? Lol, we saw White House Down.

Another Parisian landmark on both of our must-see lists was the Arc de Triomphe. I must that it was absolutely beautiful at night.


Up tomorrow: Notre Dame and the Moulin Rouge

No comments: