Wednesday, June 05, 2013

From: Cheryl Ann
Sent: Tuesday, June 04, 2013 2:22 PM
To: School Counselor
Subject: Dropping Band for 2013-2014 Year

Good afternoon. My son, Cade, is a rising 6th grader. He initially signed up for Band due to a very intense desire to play the drums. Between you and me, I believe it was more his dream to become a rock star that drove this selection. Long story short, he cannot read music and therefore can’t play drums next year.

I did speak with Mr. Liner (or was it Mr. Talbot? I could swear he said his name was Talbot, but I don’t see a Talbot on the website.) who encouraged me to talk with Cade about possibly trying another instrument. I did as suggested and, well, there aren’t many clarinet playing rock stars. As I figured, Cade is no longer interested in Band.

He is, however, now interested in Chorus. (If he can’t be a rock star playing the drums, he can achieve the same status by being lead singer, right?!) This is the choice I initially encouraged him to make when filling out his class forms. I feel it would be a better fit for him than Band.

So, to get to the point of my email, how do we go about dropping Band and picking up Chorus?

From: School Counselor
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 11:10 AM
To: Cheryl Ann
Subject: RE: Dropping Band for 2013-2014 Year
I love the humor in your email...it came at a much needed time for me. :) This email will suffice as your request for a change and I will take care of it. Have a great day!

Kim, School Counselor

No comments: