Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Goals for 2013

Though I didn't publicize them I did have goals for 2012. Some I met, some I didn't. This year I've decided to post them so I can keep track of them and work toward achievement.

Last year I was lucky enough to see two Broadway touring shows (Bring It On: The Musical and War Horse) and one show off-Broadway (Bare: The Musical). Chad and I will be heading to the DPAC on the 12th for the touring of Jekyll & Hyde. He's also got tickets to see tours of Mary Poppins, Anything Goes, Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, and Sister Act. Originally my goal for 2013 was to see a minimum of 5 shows, but it looks like I'll have that one covered by May. So I'm going to modify this goal to make it more challenging:
See a minimum of 5 Broadway/Off-Broadway shows in NYC
I signed up for the 2012 Reading Challenge via Goodreads. My goal was 52 books, as I figured I could read at least a book a week. I surpassed that goal with 57 books. I got lots of books and scripts for Christmas so I think I can definitely improve:
My 2013 Reading Challenge is to read 65 books
Also, I'm still working on the BBC Reading List. Last year I scratched off a measly 4 books. Just 7% of the books I read last year were on this list! So this year I'm going to challenge myself:
Read a minimum of 9 books off the BBC Reading List  
In March last year US Airways introduced a Fit for US program which challenged us to get ResFit by keeping track of steps at work and participating in group fit activities. Figuring I could easily do the former, I bought a cheapo pedometer. My pedometer broke a few weeks ago, but thanks to Chad, I have a new digital one. As such, I'm going to challenge myself:
Increase my daily steps at work to an average of 3,000
For the most part I love to travel. There are times when I get bogged down with having to pack and what to pack to get through TSA. Last year I went to Myrtle Beach and took two trips to Maywood, New Jersey, with side trips to NYC. This year I know I'll be visiting Maywood and NYC, but here are other places I definitely want to visit this year:
The Barter Theatre in Abingdon, VA
The Moulin Rouge in Paris, France
Walt Disney World or Disneyland
Boston, MA
Pittsburgh, PA (Bridget is dying to show me around her hometown!)
 I do have other goals, but these are going to be the ones I mainly focus.

What are some of your goals for 2013?

No comments: