Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sea Glass Inspiration

I've been scouring magazines and the internet looking for inspiration for redecorating my bedroom since January. I've had the same comforter set for almost 10 years and I'm sick, sick, sick of my vanilla bedroom walls.

Initially I was digging the hotel look. I really liked the clean look of the popular brown/mint combinations. After viewing hundreds of bedding sets, I grew bored with the industrial look. No one really wants to live in a hotel room, right? Frustrated, I gave up.

A few months ago I was in Lowe's looking for a bottle of reisling and my eyes landed on this brand. I feel in love with the textured label! After finishing the wine I took care in peeling off the label. I mounted it on cardstock, framed it, and decided the label would be the inspiration piece for my bedroom makeover.

While green is my favorite color I realized I what really attracted my attention were the blues. So, back to the magazines and websites I went in search of bedding sets that would compliment the blue sea glass.

Finally, (finally!) I found exactly what I was looking for on the JCPenney website. It's Lakota Paisley by Cindy Crawford. I ordered the comforter set, 3 valances and two of the plain white accent pillows. Since everything was on sale, I also ordered some white sheets.


Everything but the sheets were delivered today. Tomorrow I'm taking a pillow sham to Home Depot to get some paint. I really like the blue wall in the picture. I am so excited!

No comments: