Friday, July 13, 2012

A Night At The Movies, "The Amazing Spiderman"

Despite it being Friday the 13th, Chad and I headed to The Grand where we paid $15.00 to see The Amazing Spiderman in IMAX.

I've seen all the 3 other Spiderman movies with Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst and I liked each one of them. I was very surprised to learn that the franchise was being rebooted so soon.

Andrew Garfield's no Tobey Maguire, but he is just as fine as Peter Parker/Spiderman. He does bring more of a cockiness to the role that I wasn't sure I liked.

I was very impressed with Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy. I was not at all familiar with her character since Mary Jane is usually included as Spidey's girlfriend.

I did miss Rosemary Harris as Aunt May. In the reboot Sally Field plays this role and I just didn't buy it. I see all the other characters she's played (Gidget, Sybil, Norma Rae and M'Lynn) so it took me out of the movie during each scene she was in.

Overall, it's a good comic book action movie.

No comments: