Friday, October 22, 2010

On the way home from the show last night I had a little chat with God. He knows I've been struggling with two specific issues, and I implored His guidance.

Indeed He works in mysterious ways.

Late this afternoon I received a series of phone calls, each regarding the same problem. The first was from a co-worker, the second from an elected official reminding me he was "just a volunteer", and the third from a very concerned parent. The latter call left me crying at my desk. It wasn't that the parent was rude or nasty; she was simply disappointed. Hearing the disappointment in her voice and learning of additional failures is what made me realize that it is useless trying to plug the holes in this sinking Titanic. Her phone call provided me the answer I sought last night.

And so I am seeking an available lifeboat.

No comments: