Saturday, May 08, 2010

Gallery Hop

Last night JB and I manned the Paper Lantern Theatre Company table at the Gallery Hop. Our mission - to promote Kimberly Akimbo. I must admit, JB succeeded far more than I did. Boldly approaching folks to chat up the show is really not my thing. I fared better encouraging kids to "play" Trouble to "win" a lollipop. As the beautiful night wore on I gave up show promotion altogether and chatted with numerous friends: Mason is headed to Texas to be in Cats, Beth is nervous about next week's opening of Hank Williams: Lost Highway, Gwen was out enjoying the fresh air, and Rebecca and Jeff were spending quality time together (she's been in LA quite a bit).

At one point Chris overheard a trio talking about a show they had just seen at Theatre Alliance. He listened a bit more and realized they were talking about Trials and Tribulations. After whispering to me, I turned to the trio and smiled. We started talking about the show and they told me how much they enjoyed it. They were very complimentary of my performance; I was blushing.

After packing up, Chris and I walked along Trade Street and stopped in one of the galleries and a couple of shops. The night was warm and breezy, the stars were out; it felt like we were at the beach.

No comments: