Monday, March 30, 2009

The F Word

For the last 6 months my mother has been very aware of my dropping a certain five letter word, a certain two-digit number, from my vocabulary. She is also very aware that I abhor the five letter word to be used in conjunction with March 31, 2009.

My mother is also aware that, as far as I'm concerned, tomorrow is not a special occasion nor is tomorrow any cause for celebration. It is merely another Tuesday in the year 2009. One in which I would happily skip.

My mother, of course, had her own thoughts regarding the F word. For the last 9 days she has sent, via my own daughter no less, these:



Some might say these cards are her way of getting back at me for the (alleged!) aggravation I caused during my childhood. Some might say these cards are her way of gently getting me used to tomorrow - you know, slowly heating up the pan of hot water in which I inevitably sit. Some might say she is simply helping me to laugh tomorrow off.

I say....revenge!

2 comments:

Ken Ashford said...

"No, no, really! I don't want any one to talk about my 40th birthday! I don't want any mention of it. I won't even blog about it. It's nothing, really. No, really"

Bill said...

Hee hee hee, is all your various elders have to say.