Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Curves of Lewisville

If you remember, last July I went on the Atkins diet to lose some weight for Debbie Does Dallas: The Musical. I dieted for no other reason that my wanting to look decent in my cheerleader's costume. I don't mind the no-carb diet for short periods of time. I just can't make it my lifestyle. I mean, one can only consume eggs and cheese for so long.

I also stopped smoking a couple months ago. As a result, I've gained a couple of pounds. Instead of going outside for a late night smoke, I'd sit on the couch with a caloric feast. The scale and my mirror yelled at me to take immediate corrective action.

So, I volunteered to participate in a 21-day fitness study for Curves. It's pretty simple, I go and work out 30 minutes, 3 days a week. To keep me motivated my mom is also participating in the study.

Today was our first day and I'm really excited! Curves seems like a workout program that I can maintain. Their fitness concept combines strength training and sustained cardiovascular activity. Various machines provide safe and effective hydraulic resistance. And the kicker? You stay at each station for less than a minute! Just when your upper thighs are starting to really burn from the squat machine, it's time to move to the next station. The perpetual music keeps an energized beat and an audio lady tells you when to move. I love it!

Mom and I left today pretty pumped. We can't wait to go back on Thursday.

No comments: