Wednesday, January 10, 2007

An Evening at the Theatre

Last night Ken and I drove to Greensboro to see Cirque Dreams: Jungle Fantasy. It was less a theatre production and more of an evening at the circus. A very colorful and talented circus.

The show was 90-minutes of floor and aerial acrobats (which I love!), contortionists, jugglers, balancers, dancers, a very tall drummer and a singing lady bug. I think there was supposed to be a storyline, but I couldn't understand the singing lady bug who acted as a narrator. She had a nice voice; I just couldn't understand what she was singing.

It was a neat show, but I kept thinking that Cade might have had more fun. After the first act the impressiveness of the colorful costumes and skills of the contortionists and jugglers began to wear off and I became slightly bored. I've seen similar talent on TV.

Still, if you haven't seen a show like this, it's cool to experience. Just bring along the little kids who can help you maintain your excitement.

No comments: