Saturday, September 10, 2016

BookMarks 2016

I don't think it's any surprise that one of my favorite festivals is BookMarks. Winston-Salem is indeed very lucky to host this free event.

There's always a $2.00 book table and I purchased 3 books, all by Melinda Rainey Thompson.

  1. SWAG: Southern Women Aging Gracefully
  2. The SWAG Life
  3. I've Had It Up To Here With Teenagers
I attended the NC Book Club Picks talk and was introduced to 3 new authors: Leigh Himes, Megan Miranda and Susan Bishop Crispell.  Each talked about their books. I was so impressed and interested that I left the talk during the Q&A and bought: 
I went to the Booksigning tent where Leigh and Susan both signed their books. (Susan also offered a mini pie with a tiny heart in the crust!) I talked with Megan and apologized that I'd missed out on buying her book (they'd sold out very early). She did sign her book card for me and it's on my Amazon wishlist.

I was really looking forward to seeing Gayle Forman. I've read two of her books (If I Stay and Where She Went) and have been waiting to read the just one day series. As I was making my 4th or 5th trip through the book sale tent (anyone who knows me understands that I just can't stay away from books!) I realized she had written an adult novel, Leave Me. It sounded interesting so I bought it and then waited 30 minutes in 100 degree heat to get it signed. (I think it's less dedication and more addiction!) She was so very nice!

While I was fine by myself, I really missed Sam. Sam is very much like me in that we love books and have no problem standing in the heat waiting to get our books signed. We both always want All. The. Books. Lol.

In between all the book buying and book signings I had my first ever fish tacos from the Taqueria El Azteca Taco Truck (delish!) and cooled down with Angie's Italian Ice (refreshing orange creamsicle). I also picked up some Pokeman balls and added a Pokeman to my Pokedex.

Six books got added to my library. I'm making it my goal to read all 6 of these new books before I acquire any more. It's a lofty goal, but I'm going to do my best!

No comments: