Saturday, April 25, 2015

An Evening At The Theatre, "Disney's Beauty and the Beast"

Last night I had the pleasure of attending Mt. Tabor High School's production of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. When Chad told me he had chosen this musical for his spring production I was hesitant. I need not have been.

Seanna De Vine was an excellent choice for Belle. Not only does she look like Belle, her voice was absolutely beautiful. Brie Vaughn was fantastic as Mrs. Potts. Sarah Rivers played a very (appropriately) frisky Lumiere and Ben Keen was quite animated as Cogsworth.

The townspeople/enchanted objects were wonderful in their own right. The most precious performance was by Zachary Lundquist. He handled a malfunctioning "torch" with aplomb.

The best performance was Ben Gardner's Gaston. He embodied his character so thoroughly that during his numbers I felt like one of the swooning Silly Girls. Kudos to him also for not missing a beat when the bench he jumped up on teetered and fell over.

The kids worked hard under Chad's direction and the overall quality of the show was impressive. It's the best show I've seen at Mt. Tabor in a few years.


No comments: