Monday, February 09, 2015

A Book Review, "Life of Pi"

For the past few years, I've had a goal to read X number of books from the BBC Book list. I've never achieved this goal, which is why I didn't add it to this year's goals.

As I opened the DVD envelope from my Netflix queue, I had to laugh. You guessed it, it was Life of Pi. I took that as a sign that I should finally read the book.

This was actually the second time with the book. The first time I just could not get into it. This time around wasn't much better but I forced myself to persevere. There were some nice moments and even some exciting things happened (green floating island, the "real" story). Ultimately it was long, labourous and just this side of completely boring. I was really hoping Richard Parker would just eat him so the book could conclude.

No comments: