Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fish Tacos

Last time I was at Village Tavern I noticed Fish Tacos, a new addition to their menu. Bridget and Dana were telling me how tasty fish tacos are and I really wanted to try them. Never having them before, I chickened out during that visit. Since the VT is right across the street from work, for tonight’s dinner, Bridget and I ordered fish tacos.

Blackened Tilapia with lettuce, Tavern sauce, guacamole and salsa. Served with black beans and rice.

I have to say that I was unimpressed. Black beans – wonderful! Rice – ok. Tilapia – meh. I don’t think there was any salsa in my two tacos because I kept thinking the tacos lacked…something…umph, spicyness, flavor.

At least now I can say that yes, I’ve had fish tacos. I don’t think it’ll be something I’ll readily order again.

No comments: