Friday, September 25, 2009

An Afternoon At The Movies

I've been eagerly awaiting opening day since I first saw the trailer during So You Think You Can Dance. I vaguely remember the original movie, but I do remember religiously watching the Saturday night TV series. I happily purchased my matinee ticket and breathlessly waited for the remake to begin.

My excitement slowly gave way to out right boredom. I was disappointed in the various storylines. There were too many main characters and not enough time devoted to getting to know them. I was also completely underwhelmed with the production numbers.

The movie's one saving grace is Naturi Naughton. She plays Denise, a classically trained pianist, who has a voice that begs to be heard. Her rendition of "Out Here On My Own" blew me away.

No comments: