Friday, February 13, 2009

An Early Valentine's

Cade came home from school today with a whit paper bag covered in red construction paper hearts. We took out all the Valentine's cards he received. He then told me to close my eyes, which I did, and he then handed me this valentine. These are my favorite valentine's "cards".

After Cade went to bed, Mallorie actually asked if I wanted to watch House, Season 1 with her. Honestly I didn't care what it was she wanted to watch. When my 16-year-old daughter suggests spending time with me, the answer is a resounding you betcha!

We watched two episodes and took a break for popcorn and cold medicine. (I got the former, she the latter.) About 10 minutes into the third episode the cold medicine began to make her drowsy. Mallorie curled up against me and laid her head on my shoulder. {sigh} I'm not sure what the episode was about; I was too busy thanking God for the moment. Drug induced or not, with a teenager you have to take these wonderful moments when they come.

No comments: