Sunday, January 18, 2009

An Evening at the Theatre

I worked box office last night for Winston-Salem Theatre Alliance's staged reading of The Pillowman. After balancing out all the revenue, I stayed to watch the reading.

The actor who played Katurian (whose name I cannot recall at the moment) was outstanding. Tim Brown, who played his brother Michal, never ceases to impress me. I wanted to protect him as much as Katurian does. Sean Farrell and Neil Wolfman were effective in their roles as "good cop, bad cop". The creepiest, and by far the most disturbing performances were given by Ken Ashford and Michelle Groenek.

While I'm not entirely sure I can say I liked, or even disliked, the actual play, I can admit it's extremely interesting. The Pillowman is definitely one of those shows that sticks with you long after you leave the theatre.

No comments: